It’s been a rough week to try and stay positive, so let’s try to lighten things up a bit, if only for a few minutes. These are my favorite things of the week for 25 February 2018.
- Vegetable coconut curry. I had this at a local restaurant a few months back, and it seemed so simple that I had to try making it at home. We’ve had it a few times, and I’ve been tweaking it to taste. Basically, with no subtlety at all, I melt some ghee, add rough-chopped onion, sliced carrots, diced potato, strips of red bell paper, whole green beans, and cauliflower cut into evenly-sized pieces into a pot. I pour coconut milk over that, add whatever mix of spices I’m in the mood for, and let it simmer on low heat for several hours. If I need more liquid, I add a little water and a little Turkish yoghurt. If the liquid is too thin, I add a little potato starch. Make some jasmine rice to put it with and you’ve got a relatively easy meal.
- The sun is shining and the sky is blue. During the day it’s so bright, I need to wear sunglasses! We have fully made it out of the Long Dark. It’ll be several weeks before it warms up, but it’s still nice to be outside.
- The new issue of HUBRIS: The Journal of Cultural Horror comes out on Wednesday! I haven’t been this excited since the first issue! It’s doing well on Amazon, and I’m hoping to pick up a few more Patreon patrons before this one drops!
- One of my recently released books got a good (and fair) review. It really means a lot, because it’s a book I struggled with as I was writing it. To have someone tell me that I mostly hit the mark is encouraging.
- Tomorrow’s blog post is going to contain a big project announcement! This is a good segue into encouraging you to subscribe at the bottom of the page, so you’ll be notified when new posts go up. If you follow me hoping for roleplaying game stuff, you won’t want to miss it!