Today I want to talk about my plans for this site in the coming year. I am getting comfortable with blogging regularly again, even if things still feel a bit unfocused and all over the place. There have been new posts consistently for a couple of weeks. The current schedule I’ve been working with allows me to run the business, have a life, and do this without too much stress. Having one scheduled post per day, but leaving myself open to do a second or even third off-the-cuff post if I have the time and inclination is working, according to the statistics and feedback I’ve been getting. So let’s keep going!
2019 Plans: Simplify, Create, Thrive
My one goal with this blog is to just be more open. Both social media and real life have taken a toll on me over the past decade, and I’m only just now starting to feel like myself again. I can be guarded but still share. There are ways to deal with issues as the arise, but I’m taking of living like a hermit because people are rude, cruel, and willfully ignorant.
I just want this to be the best possible version of my blog that I am capable of producing. There’s a schedule and some quality control, but what’s most important to me is having a voice. I’m going to create what I want, the way that I want, and look for the audience that appreciates that.
At present there are no plans to try to monetize this site, aside from having the “Buy Me a Coffee”. That said, I want to build it into an effective platform so that if I ever do want to monetize it in some way, either through selling books, having sponsorships, or leveraging affiliate programs, I can.
- At least one new post daily, scheduled for 9am EST.
- A weekly newsletter-type synopsis post, Sundays at 3pm EST.
- A weekly podcast, posted here on Sundays at 12pm EST.
- A monthly digital zine, hosting TBD. This will basically be an ebook of the past month’s posts.
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what I’m up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – I’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Buy Me a Coffee – We don’t have a Patreon, but if you want to contribute to the cause on a one-time or ongoing monthly basis, you can. Check it out!
- Give Me Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!