This is the weekly status update for Simplify, Create, Thrive, the blog of Berin Kinsman. It’s not technically a newsletter, but I’d rather you subscribe to the blog for email updates than have you redundantly sign up for two things. I’m going to publish this every Sunday at around 3pm EST.
The Newsletter: 17 February 2019
What got me through this week was focusing on my business. Things are going well. Launched an important (to me) book on Friday. We’re done dealing with immigration until the end of June, so I can breathe on that front. I got to eat good Thai food.
But the fan community for my industry is tearing itself apart, allowing for variable definitions of “community” and “industry”. I don’t even want to get into the state of the US and UK. We’re all going to die of willful ignorance.
Somewhere between those two states, enjoying what’s going well in my life and tuning out what’s bleeding and on fire, I had no strong desire to blog. Unlike the folks on social media, I wanted to savor the good stuff rather than documenting and sharing it. I didn’t want to dwell on the bad stuff long enough to write about it. So here we are.
On the Blog
It was another week without a unifying topic.
- Spare Me Your Crocodile Tears
- Retune the Internet
- My Hometown was Founded by White Supremacists
- My Current Bullet Journal Habits
- Curating a Community
- Misunderstanding Censorship
- Well, This is Disturbing
- Depression, Introversion, and Writing
Thanks and Gratitude
Writing a generic thank you section every week is going to start feeling repetitive and disingenuous. I want to do something, though, to acknowledge the way you brighten my day. Even though I’m writing this mainly for my own purposes, it means a lot to have people make the effort to read it and leave comments. Thank you.
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what I’m up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – I’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Buy Me a Coffee – We don’t have a Patreon, but if you want to contribute to the cause on a one-time or ongoing monthly basis, you can. Check it out!
- Give Me Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!