This is the weekly status update for Simplify, Create, Thrive, the blog of Berin Kinsman. It’s not technically a newsletter, but I’d rather you subscribe to the blog for email updates than have you redundantly sign up for two things. I’m going to publish this every Sunday at around 3pm EST.
The Newsletter: 24 February 2019
Starting this week I’m going to scale back a bit on blogging temporarily. I’ll be posting once per day, Monday through Thursday, plus this newsletter on Sunday. Some of this has to do with managing what’s on my plate during the months of March and April. A bit comes from looking at site traffic, and seeing what days people visit the blog. I’m actually at a point where I’ll be trying to take Fridays and Saturdays off in real life, only working 5 days a week.
It’s taking a lot of effort to not make a dozen posts a day about cultural horror. That would be terrible for my mental health. I’m trying to stay positive, upbeat, and constructive. If some of the posts feel a little bit cold or canned, and less personal, it’s because I’m struggling to not scream about current events. Make things, live your best life, and push on through.
On the Blog
The focus this week was on posts about creativity. I managed to work in a personal pet peeve about some aspiring professional creatives, a dream I had about cultural horror, and a bit of bujo-related project management as well.
- Unplugging Boosts Creativity
- Change Surroundings to Jump Start Creativity
- Have a System to Capture Creative Ideas
- Have You Ever Considered…
- It’s Not Your Job to Fix It
- Turning My Kanban Board into a Future Log
Next week the focus will remain on creativity and being a creative professional.
Here’s an update on last week’s audio ennui: the podcast is officially on an indefinite hiatus.
Thanks and Gratitude
Writing a generic thank you section every week is going to start feeling repetitive and disingenuous. I want to do something, though, to acknowledge the way you brighten my day. Even though I’m writing this mainly for my own purposes, it means a lot to have people make the effort to read it and leave comments. Thank you.
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what I’m up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – I’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Buy Me a Coffee – We don’t have a Patreon, but if you want to contribute to the cause on a one-time or ongoing monthly basis, you can. Check it out!
- Give Me Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!