This is a monthly status update for BerinKinsman.com aka the Simplify, Create, Thrive blog. The purpose of this page is to communicate upcoming projects, works in progress, and other information of interest to readers. It will be updated periodically throughout the month. A new status page will be posted on the first of next month. Caveat: Nothing written here is set in stone. Everything is subject to change.
Your comments and questions are welcome. Leave them below or send us a message through the contact form.
In order to differentiate this monthly update from the weekly newsletter, the focus here is on my major goals. We’ll see how I’m doing, and whether I’m staying on track and making progress from month to month.
Simplify, Create, Thrive (aka this blog) – This goal is being reevaluated in the context of other projects that have to take a higher priority. Daily posting has been cut back to Monday through Thursday, with the newsletter on Sunday. I’m taking the week of March 4-7 off from the blog, for reasons vaguely stated elsewhere. The podcast is over. The zine idea is on hold pending some other.
Dancing Lights Press – As of 1 March we’ve released 12 new products in 13 weeks. Our production schedule is full through August. We will likely do a double-release at some point so that we end the year with 52 releases in 52 weeks. Blogging has shifted from weekends-only to a Monday through Thursday schedule, because a) it’s a good way to promote the company, and b) I have things to say. The newsletter continues to be released weekly on Sundays.
Business Growth – The goal is to have all paperwork to register as a Finnish business completed by the end of June at the absolute latest. The end of May would be better, if possible. That includes business plans, tax filings, and all of that necessary bureaucracy. I’ve been examining new sales venues, but haven’t been overjoyed with the terms of service or level of professionalism connected to most of them. A marketing plan for expanding my presence on Amazon is being written. I refuse to do business in a ready-fire-aim fashion, as that least to problems that ultimately waste time and money.
Stay in Finland – Our residence is good through the end of July. Growing the business and registering as a Finnish private trader (equivalent of US sole proprietor or UK sole trader) are so I can file for residence on those grounds. Waiting to see if Katie lands a research position or teaching job, so she can file for residence on those grounds. Only one of us needs to succeed, and the other can gain residence as spouse. If we both stick the landing, we’re double-covered.
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what I’m up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – I’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Buy Me a Coffee – We don’t have a Patreon, but if you want to contribute to the cause on a one-time or ongoing monthly basis, you can. Check it out!
- Give Me Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!