This is the weekly status update for Simplify, Create, Thrive, the blog of Berin Kinsman. It’s not technically a newsletter, but I’d rather you subscribe to the blog for email updates than have you redundantly sign up for two things. I’m going to publish this every Sunday at around 3pm EST.
The Newsletter: 17 March 2019
Hi, how are you? It’s been a couple of weeks. I’m still recovering from the flu. At this point it’s not bad, but the cough doesn’t want to go away and I’m tired all of the time. All of my energy has gone into the most necessary tasks. Anything I can get away with not doing, including writing blog posts, has fallen by the wayside.
In many ways, it’s forced me to get to the heart of what I’ve been working on all year. The goal has been to make sure that everything I do has a purpose. That led me to narrow everything down to two categories: my business and self-care. If a task doesn’t further one of those, it gets the chop. Having one goal and one question in mind (Does this strengthen my immigration status?) also helps.
So blogging, social media, a lot of “nice to have” type things, are off my schedule for the foreseeable future. Because of this, I’m not as far behind on work as I could have been. My days are spent writing, doing the most essential and effective business tasks, reading, listening to music, and napping. It’s not a bad existence. I expect I’ll carry on this way even after I’m over this lingering crud.
Thanks and Gratitude
Writing a generic thank you section every week is going to start feeling repetitive and disingenuous. I want to do something, though, to acknowledge the way you brighten my day. Even though I’m writing this mainly for my own purposes, it means a lot to have people make the effort to read it and leave comments. Thank you.
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what I’m up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – I’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Buy Me a Coffee – We don’t have a Patreon, but if you want to contribute to the cause on a one-time or ongoing monthly basis, you can. Check it out!
- Give Me Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!