Relocation Update: 8 June Edition. I’m tired, I’m stressed, and I still need to be packing, cleaning, and doing my day job. This is going to be a sort of bullet-pointed FAQ.
Relocation Update: 8 June
- We have a solid lead on a good apartment. Thoughts, prayers, fingers crossed, and other happy thoughts appreciated.
- If I rehash points, it’s because people keep asking. I feel as if I’m whining, but I’m just trying to keep the people helping us in the loop.
- The reason we’re moving is because Katie and I can’t grow our respective businesses in our current location. We can reveal specifics when we reveal where we’re going.
- We cannot extend our lease in our current location. There is a hard date we need to be out of here by.
- My anxiety comes from the thought of having to live in a hotel for an indefinite period of time. I used to work with the homeless. This path rarely ends well.
- We are looking in a broad geographic area. Plans are held up by not knowing what specific town we’ll end up in, or how long it will take to get an apartment.
- The reason we’re being cryptic is because Katie fears specific people showing up on our doorstep unannounced. Whether you find this credible or probable is irrelevant.
- We will announce where we’re going when Katie feels comfortable doing so, and not a second before that. She needs to feel safe.
- My personal preference for a reveal will be after we’ve moved in, gotten the lay of the land, and rented a post office box to serve as a public address.
- Our close friends know where we’re going, and have been helping us a lot. If you feel you should be read into the operation so you can help, contact us.
- Those same close friends also understand the stalker situation and what it entails. We’re happy to explain on a need-to-know basis, but no one is in danger.
- Dental work is paid for. New computer is paid for. Not worried about camera/podcast rig right now. Duration of a hotel stay is the variable that scares me.